- Good Shepherd Food Bank Needs Your Help to Raise $200,000 through Virtual Holiday Food Drive
Bank of America kicks off campaign with $30,000 gift
Auburn, ME - Record numbers of Mainers are struggling to access enough food - a situation that will only become more dire as we enter the holiday season and long winter ahead. In an effort to provide nutritious food for the 15 ...
- John F. Kennedy Memorial School and Good Shepherd Food Bank Launch School Pantry Program in Biddeford
Hannaford donates $40,000 to sponsor this and other child hunger programs
Biddeford, ME (Nov. 13, 2013) -- JFK Memorial School and Good Shepherd Food Bank announced today that the school has opened a food pantry to provide children who lack access to nutritious food at home with a reliable source ...
- Food Bank receives new truck from Walmart to help fight hunger in Maine
Auburn, ME (Nov. 1, 2013) - Good Shepherd Food Bank today announced that it has received a new refrigerated truck thanks to a grant from Walmart that will help provide nutritious food to families in need. This truck is one of eight trucks that Walmart has given to food banks nationwide ...
- Cooking Matters to Celebrate Food Day with Store Tours at Hannaford Supermarkets
Senator Angus King to Participate
To celebrate Food Day, Good Shepherd Food Bank, Cooking Matters and Hannaford Supermarkets will bring together dieticians and nutrition education coordinators to show people how they can eat healthy on a tight budget. Activities will occur at 29 Hannaford and independent grocery stores across Maine ...
- Good Shepherd Food Bank receives $20,000 from P&G for Expansion of Child Hunger Programs
P&G staff volunteer at School Pantry distribution at Edward Little High
Auburn, ME (Oct. 7, 2013) -- Good Shepherd Food Bank announced it had received a gift of $20,000 from The Procter & Gamble Co. for the expansion of Child Hunger Programs in Maine, including School Pantry and the BackPack ...
- Smithfield and Hannaford Donate 40,000 Pounds of Protein to Food Bank as Part of "Helping Hungry Homes" Tour
Biddeford, ME -- Smithfield donated a combined 40,000 pounds of protein to Good Shepherd Food Bank as part of the company's Helping Hungry Homes program today. Hannaford, a Smithfield retailer and supporter of Good Shepherd Food Bank, also participated in the donation.
This significant donation in Maine is part ...
- Good Shepherd Food Bank’s “Nutrition Caravan” Rolls into Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program
Brunswick, ME (Sept. 12, 2013) -- Clients at Thursday's mobile pantry distribution at Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program received a healthy treat from Good Shepherd Food Bank's new food truck. The Food Bank's Food Mobile was followed by the organization's new food truck for a special distribution sponsored ...
- Maine’s Credit Unions Announce Major Multi-Year Commitment to End Childhood Hunger in Maine
On Monday, September 9, at the Good Shepherd Food Bank in Auburn, the Maine Credit Unions' Campaign for Ending Hunger will make a significant donation to announce their commitment to the Good Shepherd Food Bank's efforts to end childhood hunger in Maine. In addition, The Food Bank will be ...
- September is Hunger Action Month - working together to raise awareness about hunger in America
More than 50 million people in the US face hunger; wear orange to show your support on September 5
Auburn, ME (Sept. 3, 2013) - Hunger advocates from Maine and across the country will be wearing orange on Sept. 5 in an effort to raise awareness of the more than 50 ...
- [Portland Press Herald] Natural Foodie: Mainers Feeding Mainers helps farms bring home the bacon
BY AVERY YALE KAMILLA
Farmer Bill Spiller wants to help the hungry. But he also has to cover his costs. As a result, Spiller Family Farm in Wells is one of 20 farms growing for Good Shepherd Food Bank's Mainers Feeding Mainers program this season.
Food pantry volunteers from ...
- New School Pantry Announced at Edward Little High School
Made possible by Local Dunkin' Donuts
June 25, 2013 (Auburn, Maine) - In Maine, 1 in every 4 children are food insecure and there has been a 50% increase in the number of Mainers facing hunger within the past nine years. On Tuesday, June 25 local Dunkin' Donuts business owners will ...
- Food Bank Relocating Southern Maine Distribution Center from Portland to Biddeford
Food Bank will collaborate with Wayside Food Programs to Continue Service to Portland-area Agencies
Auburn, ME - Good Shepherd Food Bank will soon relocate its Portland distribution center to Biddeford in an effort to improve service to hunger relief agencies in southern Maine. The Food Bank will close the Portland warehouse ...
- Food Bank Partners With Bangor & Brewer Nonprofits to Expand Summer Lunch Program
Free meals will be offered to Bangor & Brewer youth throughout summer
Bangor, ME - Good Shepherd Food Bank will be sponsoring five Summer Lunch sites where Bangor and Brewer children can receive free nutritious meals this summer, when the school lunches they depend on through the school year are unavailable.
- Good Shepherd Wins Morgan Stanley Award to Expand Program Delivering Nutritious Meals to Children
$25,000 Grant Will Fund School Pantry Program
AUBURN, Maine-May 21, 2013- Good Shepherd Food Bank today announced a $25,000 grant from Morgan Stanley to fund its School Pantry Program, a child hunger initiative that helps to make sure that low-income families have a readily accessible source of healthy ...
- [Portland Press Herald] Grace Chef Peter Sueltenfuss is 'Chopped Challenge' Champion
"The chef with home-kitchen advantage took home the prize - very appropriately, a meat cleaver - in Good Shepherd Food Bank's first-ever 'Chopped Challenge' at Grace last night. In front of a sold-out crowd Peter Sueltenfuss beat Jeff Landry of The Farmer's Table, Mitch Gerow of East Ender and Jason ...
- MAINE EGG FARMER DONATES 180,000 EGGS JUST IN TIME FOR EASTER
Farmers to donate 9 million fresh eggs to food banks nationwide
Auburn, ME (March 13, 2013) - Moark, LLC, a Land O'Lakes wholly-owned egg subsidiary, is helping in the fight against hunger by donating 180,000 eggs to Good Shepherd Food Bank on March, 13 at 10:00 a.m ...
- Hannaford Supermarkets Delivers $40,500 in Food and Cash Donations to Good Shepherd Food Bank
Donation will be presented at the Food Bank's Auburn warehouse on March 5
Auburn, ME - Hannaford Supermarkets is once again making a difference in the fight against hunger in Maine with a large donation of food and money on March 5. The donation comes as a result of the ...
- Food Bank Selects Dead River Company as Honoree for 2013 JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award
Good Shepherd Food Bank Selects Dead River Company as Honoree for 2013 JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award
Celebratory Gala will be Held at the Food Bank in Auburn on April 4
Auburn, ME - Dead River Company will be honored with the JoAnn Pike Humanitarian Award at a gala dinner at Good ...
- Ocean State Job Lot Makes Record Food Donation
A convoy of 10 tractor trailer trucks loaded with 400,000 lbs. of nutritious, shelf-stable food (the equivalent of 333,330 meals) departed the Ocean State Job Lot warehouse on January 15, 2012 to deliver to 10 Food Banks in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and New ...
- Food Bank Expands Kids Cafe Program to New Sites in Oxford, Lewiston
Food Bank partners with community organizations to provide healthy snacks and meals for children at risk of hunger
Auburn, ME - Thanks to support from Shaw's Supermarkets, Good Shepherd Food Bank has expanded its successful Kids Café program to two additional sites to provide children at risk of hunger with ...