We can hardly believe it’s September already, but the good news is that September is Hunger Action Month!
With the latest reasearch telling us that 1 in 4 Maine children live at risk of hunger each day, there has never been a better time to take action against hunger. Governor LePage has declared September Hunger Action Month and he’s joining the Food-Bank in asking all Mainers to get involved.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved in the fight against hunger in Maine during Hunger Action Month:
- Take the Skip a meal – Feed a neighbor pledge at www.MaineHungerAction.org. Join with others who have agreed to give up one meal on September 28 to experience what it’s like to go without food, even for a short period of time.
- Make a donation to help Good Shepherd Food-Bank and its network of 600 partner agencies feed our neighbors in need.
- Download the 30 Ways in 30 Days calendar – there you will find a different way to fight hunger every day of the month.
- Share the celebrity PSA video, starring Matt Damon, with friends & family on your social media sites.
- Bring a group to volunteer at the Food-Bank. Contact Elise Corbally-Hammond, our Volunteer Coordinator, for more information (207) 782-3554.
- Ask your friends & family to join you in the fight against hunger.
← Back to Latest News