When discussing the importance of ending hunger and the true impact of our work, there is no more effective tool than personal stories of Mainers experiencing the reality of food insecurity.
Your words paint a picture of hunger in our community. Your story can help us inspire change.
Please consider sharing your first-hand experience with food insecurity with us. With your help, we can motivate and advocate for funding, resources, and programming to help more Mainers.
If you’re unsure what to share, please consider the following:
- How challenging disruptions to your life such as job losses, medical bills, emergencies, an unexpected illness, or other factors have caused you to have trouble making ends meet.
- Your experiences with accessing food assistance programs, whether through our partner agencies, mobile pantries, or child nutrition programs.
- The difficult choices you must make between food and other essential expenses like medication, housing, and/or transportation.
- How the Food Bank and partner agencies have helped you.
- Why you donate money or time to Good Shepherd Food Bank and/or our partner agencies.
- Any memorable experiences you may have had as a volunteer at the Food Bank or with our partner agencies.
- What you feel those in our community need to know about food insecurity that may surprise them.