Good Shepherd Food Bank is committed to advocating on behalf of Mainers who are struggling with hunger. Our public policy goals are based on our values and mission. Together with Feeding America, we are working to ensure that:
- Food pantries & meal sites across Maine are well-stocked with nutritious food for the clients who depend on their services.
- No child in Maine goes without the nutritious food they need.
- Families have a solid foundation because they have reliable access to nutritious food.
- Mainers have a place to turn to during hard times.
Based on these priorities, we work to engage policymakers and mobilize the public on behalf of vital hunger relief programs. Federal nutrition programs are a crucial safety net for hundreds of thousands of Maine families.
Raise Your Voice: join the fight against hunger
Help us advocate for programs and policies that bring relief to individuals and families struggling to get by. Your voice can, and will, make a difference. Contact your U.S. Congressional Delegates to let them know you support full funding for SNAP (food stamps) and other federal nutrition programs.
- Contact Rep. Chellie Pingree
- Contact Rep. Bruce Poliquin
- Contact Sen. Susan Collins
- Contact Sen. Angus King
Lawmakers in Augusta need to know that you support local hunger relief efforts. Contact your local delegates and tell them that Maine needs strong SNAP, General Assistance, school nutrition, and summer meals programs.
Need more information about federal nutrition programs? Feeding America offers additional information about how these crucial programs help support families and reduce hunger nationwide.